Finally, reader Kevin Forbes notes that most people aren’t born to one category or another but go through stages of delay, much like the Elisabeth Kubler-Ross’ famous stages of grief:
1. Denial: This can’t be happening!
2. Anger: Who is responsible for this?
3. Bargaining: Just let me on the plane …
4. Depression: I’m never getting out of here.
5. Acceptance: Might as well make the best of it, who wants to grab a latte?
No good deed goes unpunished.
I’ve been rocking some facial hair for about nine months now.
Yesterday, the old man that sits in my lobby, who I talk to practically everyday finally looked up at me and said “Trying to grow a beard, are you?”
“What idiot signed in as Maxim Afinogenov?” the next guy in line wanted to know.” —
And scores 17 goals!
“In general, Canadians are a tiny bit less full of shit than the Americans.”
He likes to swear. He also likes to make slightly shocking statements. It is an aspect of his confidence, his ambition, his ego.” —
I still think he’s a bit of a pretentious dick. Because of shit like this, for example.